The LEGO Batman Movie is a 2017 computer-animated superhero comedy film produced based on the LEGO Batman sets, games, and characters from the DC Universe created by DC Comics and the LEGO DC Super Heroes’ Batman toy line.
The film has become very popular worldwide and commercially successful and has generally received positive reviews from critics for its animation, voice acting, soundtrack, visual style, and humor.
This article covers what the LEGO Batman Movie is about, the characters, and other important things you should know about this LEGO Movie.
Let’s dive in.
What Is the LEGO Batman Movie About?
The story follows Batman as he attempts to overcome his greatest fear to stop the Joker from destroying the city. In the Movie, Batman Hurts the Joker’s feelings by telling him he is not as important as he thinks he is, leading the Joker to seek the ultimate revenge on him.
9 Reasons Why the LEGO Batman is a Great Movie
There are many reasons why the LEGO Batman is great and why you should watch it.
- It’s a celebration of Batman’s history rather than going out of its way to pretend previous incarnations didn’t happen which is such a delight for Batman fans.
- It cuts the core of Bruce Wayne’s loneliness, which is the key theme in the LEGO Batman Movie.
- Though the Joker is the main villain in the movie, it features just about every Batman Villain out there, from obscure antagonists like Hugo Strange, Man-Bat, and Clayface to unknowns like Killer Moth, Calendar Man, Zebra-Man, and the Condiment King.
- The film is an incredibly sweet story with plenty of heart, showing some of the normally overlooked characters looking warm.
- The film combines all the different eras of Batman stories from the early campy stories to the gritty recent movies. This helped to create a rounded portrait of the Caped Crusader, making it a lot of fun to see the back and forth between an excitable Burt Ward-Esque Robin and a grizzled Batfleck-Esque Batman.
- The movie puts Batman’s and the Joker’s relationship in the spotlight, who is his greatest foe and his ideological opposite in every way.
- The movie is an origin story for the Batman family which the Batman movies avoided depicting and only emphasized the Bat as a lone wolf.
- The roles in the movie are perfectly cast.
- The movie captures Batman’s duality while poking fun at it, which is the most interesting thing about his characterization.
Who Are the British Robots in LEGO Batman?
Daleks are the British Robots in the LEGO Batman Movie. They are mutant Kaleds that came from the planet Skaro and were mutated by their leader Davros who puts each of them inside a machine controlled by the individual Dalek.
Where Can I Watch the LEGO Batman Movie?
Below are some sites where you can watch the LEGO Batman Movie online:
How Many LEGO Batman Movies Are There?
There is only one movie that features Batman as the standout character: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
However, there are other LEGO movies that feature Batman alongside other LEGO Super Heroes which include:
- LEGO Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite (2013)
- Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered (2014)
- The Lego Movie (2014)
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League (2015)
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League – Attack of the Legion of Doom (2015)
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League – Gotham City Breakout (2016)
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League – Cosmic Clash (2016)
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: The Flash (2018)
- Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis (2018)
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)
- Lego DC Batman: Family Matters (2019)
- Lego DC: Shazam! Magic and Monsters (2020)
Which Robin Is in the LEGO Batman Movie?
Dick Grayson is the Robin in LEGO Batman Movie.
What Is Robin’s Real Name in the LEGO Batman Movie?
Robin’s Real Name in the LEGO Batman Movie is Dick Grayson.
What Movie Was Batman Watching in LEGO Batman?
Batman was watching the movie, Jerry Maguire, in the LEGO Batman Movie.
Why Is the LEGO Batman Movie Rated PG?
The LEGO Batman Movie was rated PG because of the rude humor, and action, and the characters are in perilous situations throughout the film.
Furthermore, the film also includes imprisonment, threats from bombs, explosions, reckless driving/flying, falling from heights, fist-fights, vehicle crashes, weapon use, and property destruction.
What Is the LEGO Batman Movie On?
The LEGO Batman movie is on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Dailymotion, Warner Bros, TheFlixer, IMDB, and other platforms.